You can find several types of sleep aids but natural and herbal remedies are more favored these days. While other types of sleep aids can bring about unwanted effects and can interfere with medication, herbal and natural sleep aids are usually safe.
Herbal Sleep Aids – These include chamomile, valerian root, lemon balm, lavender, and many others. Chamomile tea, for example, has delicate sedative properties however it can cause allergy symptoms in those with plant or pollen allergies.
Melatonin Sleep Aid – Melatonin is regarded as a naturally occurring hormone whose levels peak at night. It’s generated by dark and levels continue to be amplified throughout the night until eventually light lessens it. Positive results of melatonin sleep aid are already shown in helping jet lag and night shift employees however simple exposure to light at the most suitable time may be just as effective.
Change of Sleep Environment and Sleep Behavior – Changing the sleeping environment and bed time behavior is a different successful means to combat insomnia. Experts highly recommend changes in lifestyle and bedtime behavior as a long term remedy to sleeplessness. Behavioral and environmental modifications have a more favorable impact on sleep without the risk of adverse reactions or dependence.
Psychotherapy – Frustrating negative thoughts and concerns also prevent one from sleeping at night. Other individuals address this trouble with a psychotherapy referred to as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT changes dysfunctional thoughts, emotions and patterns of behavior. It is actually a fairly simple therapy that can increase sleep by transforming the patient’s behavior just before bedtime along with changing the methods of thinking that keep him from dropping off to sleep.
So then when you decide to consider one of these sleep aids,bear in mind the following:
– Speak with your physician concerning other prescription drugs you are taking including non-prescription medications such as pain relievers, allergy medications and herbal supplements. Mixing incompatible drugs can be very dangerous.
– The particular instructions for decreasing and/or terminating usage. You will find cases that stopping medication abruptly could potentially cause negative effects and even rebound insomnia.
– Tell your physician concerning other medical conditions that you have got. A number of drugs can have serious unwanted side effects for individuals with medical complications including high blood pressure, liver problems, depressive disorders, and breathing difficulties.
– Only take when you’ll have sufficient time to get a full night of sleep. Or else, you may feel very sleepy the following day.
– Browse through the package insert that is sold with your medicine. Pay careful attention to the possible negative effects.
– Never drink alcohol close to the time when you take a sleeping pill. The alcohol will only affect your sleep extremely and can interact hazardously with the sleeping pill.
– Stick to directions thoroughly, you start with a smaller dose and increasing gradually, in accordance to the physician’s schedule. Confirm whether you ought to take your medicine with or without food, as well as food to avoid while under the treatment.
Right choice of sleep remedies and sticking with directions and guidelines are very important as a way to accomplish the main intent of taking prescription medication – which is eradicating sleeplessness and getting a much better night’s sleep. You can usually seek for more information online concerning melatonin sleep aid and the positive aspects of selecting it.
Source by Cecil Carmine O Pyle